Monday, August 26, 2013

The best of times.

The Recipe. Usually I'll follow it once. If it tastes good I will re-create the dish endlessly, improvising with whatever I feel like using. Sometimes my judgement is good. Sometimes we get emergency take-out. Emma, I'll think, why didn't you just stick to the original? It was wonderful. Next time, just follow the recipe. Haha. It never happens. I'm a sucker for winging it.

This week at Wayside Ranch we are working on creating recipes for our new products! It's a little intimidating, given my nature. I am writing down poundage, salt content, cooking times and more. By golly we will come out with a consistent, delicious product.

And it's fun. Really fun. I throw in whatever I think will be good, write it down and if it works you'll see it at our farmers markets in just a couple short weeks!

This is the time when we define what our business is quite literally bringing to the table. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment